Three postdoctoral research positions in STADIUS Center for Dynamical Systems, Signal Processing and Data Analytics
Three postdoctoral research positions are available in the STADIUS Center for Dynamical Systems, Signal Processing and Data Analytics of KU Leuven - Electrical Engineering Department (ESAT). The research activities include:
(Position 1) Design and evaluation of digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms for acoustic echo and feedback cancellation, active noise control, and sound field control in ad-hoc wireless transducer array networks (joint research project with KU Leuven, STADIUS, Prof. T. van Waterschoot).
(Position 2) Design and evaluation of stimulation artifact suppression algorithms in EEG data, for electrically evoked auditory steady-state responses (E-ASSR) based testing in cochlear implant users (joint research project with KU Leuven, Lab. ExpORL, Prof. J. Wouters).
(Position 3) Design and evaluation of resource allocation algorithms for simultaneous information and power transfer and computational offloading in multi-service wireless communication networks.
The research will be carried out in an international team of signal processing researchers at ESAT-STADIUS, http://www.esat.kuleuven.be/stadius
- Candidates must hold a Master and PhD degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent), have a solid background in mathematics (e.g. in matrix algebra, statistics and/or optimization) and digital signal processing (e.g. speech and audio signal processing, signal processing in digital communications).
- Experience with Matlab programming is required, and experience with other programming languages (C/C++/Python/...) is considered beneficial.
- Excellent proficiency in English is required, as well as good communication skills, both oral and written.
- A high-level and exciting international research environment.
- A one-year initial appointment with the possibility of renewal.
- A competitive salary.
Please send your application to Marc Moonen (email@example.com), including
1) a letter of motivation with a statement of skills and research interests,
2) a curriculum vitae,
3) university diploma copies and transcripts, and
4) names and contact information of 1-2 references.
The application deadline is December 31, 2019, but earlier applications are encouraged and will be considered as soon as they are received.
KU Leuven carries out an equal opportunity and diversity policy.