Special Scientist (Research Fellow, Research Associate, Assistant Researcher)
The closing date for this job submission has passed.
The IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies invites applications for Special Scientists in the area of wireless communications. IRIDA is a recently established research unit at the University of Cyprus, conducting both basic and applied research in the broad area of wireless communication theory and its applications. The research conducted at IRIDA, deals with various types of wireless communication networks such as machine-to-machine communications, cellular networks, relaying, cognitive radio, heterogeneous networks, 5G and beyond 5G wireless communications. Topics of particular interest are:
- Radio-frequency energy harvesting/wireless energy transfer
- Cooperative networks/Relaying
- Full-duplex radio
- MIMO and multi-user communication systems
- Millimeter-wave communications
- Edge caching
- Heterogenous networks/ small cells
- Cognitive radio
- Physical-layer secrecy/Information theoretic secrecy
- Software radio/USRP experimental implementation
The Centre is active in several national and European funded research projects and is seeking to employ Postdocs, PhD candidates and BSc/MSc holders. The position holder (depending on his/her qualifications) will be required to perform the following tasks:
1. Shaping research directions and producing results in the area of wireless communications
2. Attracting funding in cooperation with industrial partners
3. Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
4. Disseminating results through high impact journals and conference publications
5. Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
6. Organizing relevant workshops and summer schools
Special Scientist - Research Fellow Profile
The candidate should possess a PhD degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or any other relevant field. The ideal candidate should have a publication record in a number of the topics listed above and an extensive project-based experience (particularly ESA, Industry, and H2020). Development skills in MATLAB or C++ are required. Knowledge of software-defined radio systems, the latest standards in communications as well as theory and methods of optimization are desirable. Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
Special Scientist - Research Associate/Assistant Researcher Profile
The candidate should possess a Bachelor degree or equivalent in Electronic/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics. A Master degree or equivalent will be considered as an advantage. The ideal candidates should have some knowledge and experience in a number of the topics listed above. Development skills in MATLAB or C++ are required. Knowledge of software-define radio systems and development skills in NI Labview will be considered as an advantage. Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
Interested candidates should submit the following by email to Associate Professor Ioannis Krikidis at email@example.com by Friday 30th November 2018.
1. Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date.
2. A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek.
3. Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s).
4. The names and contact details of at least two persons from whom references may be requested.
- email redacted
- Related URL
- University of Cyprus
- Topic Category
- Λευκωσία, Cyprus
- Closing Date
- Nov. 30, 2018