PhD in Audio and Acoustic Signal Processing
The closing date for this job submission has passed.
The Signal Processing research group at the Universität Hamburg (http://uhh.de/inf-sp) is hiring a research associate (wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter). The associate will have the opportunity to pursue further academic qualifications, in particular a doctoral dissertation.
The focus of the group is on developing novel methods for processing speech and audio signals with applications in speech communication devices such as hearing aids, mobile telephony, and voice-controlled assistants. The goal of the candidate is to develop novel methods to enable or facilitate speech communication and voice control in acoustically challenging scenarios. In this context, possible PhD topics include source separation, source localization, speech enhancement and multimodal signal processing.
* A university degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics.
* Good knowledge in signal processing
* Knowledge of speech and audio processing, machine learning, and statistics is helpful
* Good programming skills in Matlab, Python, and/or C++
* Fluent English, spoken and written, and good communication skills
More information on the application procedure can be found here:
- email redacted
- Related URL
- Universität Hamburg
- Topic Categories
- Hamburg, Germany
- Closing Date
- July 22, 2018